By Richard Craig
As the new year settled in, I sat around over coffee asking about New Year’s Resolutions and I got the normal comments about the gym, skydiving, and so on. As my buddy got up to leave, his long-term girlfriend looked at me and said, “Here are MY resolutions for HIM.”
What an idea. So I started asking around, I asked couples to share with me what they wished their partners should be “resolved to do,” then I asked the partner the same question.
I’m only including the funny ones, I almost cried. But it is a pretty interesting lesson and perhaps I should hang out my shingle as a relationship counselor.
The top 10 New Year Resolutions “she” wishes he would make:
1. He would take her away on a romantic, isolated trip to paradise without kids or family.
2. He would quit worry about work and spend more time thinking about her, appreciating all that she does for him.
3. Sex would return to fun and spontaneous, and no more crotch-less panties as gifts.
4. He would not worry about money as much as he does.
5. He would turn off the TV Football games.
6. He would learn to dance.
7. He would stop going to the gym all the time.
8. HE would watch what he eats and perhaps at least try being a vegan.
9 He would pick up his clothes.
10. He would take time to walk along the beach at sunset.
The top 10 New Year Resolutions “he” wishes she would make:
1. She would let him take her away on a fun, sexy, romantic trip.
2. She would quit complaining about him and money.
3. She would not spend as much or put pressure on him to earn more.
4. Sex should be more spontaneous again, and she would go panty-less.
5. She would sit and watch the TV and enjoy football.
6. She would learn to pole dance.
7. She would allow him to have a gym in the house.
8. She would cook him wonderful steaks and other foods he loves and not just veggies.
9. They would hire a cleaning woman to clean up the house
10. She would put things aside and go to the beach at sunset.
This was a pretty interesting process. Id love to hear your reaction.