By Richard Craig
So, it is nearly a week until New Years Eve and you have no plans yet? I began asking around and trying to find three simple things to do, something fun that might wow the pants (or dress) off your sweetheart.
So, this is what I think would be fun:
Begin your day on the Rooftop Lounge of the K’ya Bistro, they have great Happy Hour specials and there are few places in Laguna Beach with a better sunset. Your next stop is the Float Lounge. At this writing they are not sure how late they will be open, so call quick and lock in a float now. Here you and your favorite date can lay in a float tank for an hour buoyed in salt water. You will come out focused and ready for dinner and dancing – and maybe a lot more. This is where you play it by ear and stroll down through the village and stop in and out of everywhere from Tommy Bahamas to RockFish. This is all about keeping it casual and on the less expensive side.
Party with Laguna Beach Gazette at Pacific Edge Resort. Here you can find a room overlooking the Pacific and spend the evening at the resort. The New Year’s Eve party and a long stroll on the beach is only steps away. You will find the food and the rooms perfect for a last minute decision. This is a guarantee for romance and a party worthy of Laguna Beach.
For those ready for something very fun and formal attend “A Roaring Affaire NYE 2014”. This is a Gatsby inspired event at The Deck and The Bungalows. They have so many options and prices that I cant think of anything more flexible. Try this:
- Progressive Cocktail Party, Tasting Dinner, & Late Night Soiree with 4 Complimentary Drink Tickets, Starting at 7 P.M. – $299 Per Person – 38 tickets available.
- Couples Ticket to Progressive Cocktail Party, Tasting Dinner, & Late Night Soiree with 4 Complimentary Drink Tickets Per Person, Starting at 7 P.M. – $550.00 For 2 Persons – 19 tickets available.
- Late Night Soiree Only with 4 Complimentary Drink Tickets, Starting at 10 P.M. – $150 Per Person – 31 tickets available.
- Couples Ticket to Late Night Soiree Only with 4 Complimentary Drink Tickets Per Person, Starting at 10 P.M. – $250.00 For 2 Persons – 15 tickets available.
- Late Night Soiree Only – $99 – *Includes complimentary champagne toast. Does not include 4 complimentary drink tickets. – 10 tickets available Tickets may be secured here.
If you want to look your best, book an appointment with Hannah Georgescu for hair and makeup (949-633-6452 or email@example.com).
Now for those with a hefty budget and a taste for elegance, the Montage has an event in the Ballroom that begins with a reception at 8. Then, the night moves to a dinner seating at 9 with a five course meal that should stop traffic. After dinner there is a live band playing oldies to contemporary pop chart hits. This should be a a fun night at $350 a person. If you really want to wow her (or him) book a room for $900 a night with a two night minimum (if you are local you might want to push them for a one night stay).
Then maybe you just want to walk the beach……..